Complete the forms listed below and bring these with your ID to 109 Newins-Ziegler Hall to complete the hire process. If you are out of the area, you may express mail the package to our department at the address below:
Attn: Personnel Office
110 Newins-Zielger Hall
PO Box 110430
Gainesville, FL 32611-0430
Phone: (352) 846-0643
UF Policy: The University of Florida currently has a direct deposit policy that states, "All employees, including temporary hires and non-work study students, are required to participate in the Direct Deposit Program as a condition of employment, regardless of date of hire". By Federal Regulations, Work-Study students are not required to participate in the Direct Deposit Program, but they are encouraged by the University of Florida to participate.
- Employees with a checking or saving account complete the Direct Deposit Application form and submit with appointment paperwork. - http://www.fa.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/fa-ps-dda.pdf
- "A voided personal check that includes your imprinted name must be attached to the Direct Deposit form where noted" OR "Obtain correspondence from your financial institution that includes the account holder’s name, account number, and routing number to be submitted with the Direct Deposit form"
OPS Employment Application - http://hr.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/forms/recruitment/opsapplication.pdf
Emergency Contact - http://hr.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/forms/recruitment/emergency.pdf
- Sections 1 and 2 must be notarized. Do not sign these sections until you are in the presence of the Notary. For your convenience, there is a Notary Public in the department. You may complete and sign Sections 3 and 4.
- Section 1 - "Employee Information and Verification" - Employee: On or before your first day of employment complete, sign and date
- Section 2 - "Employer Review and Verification' - To be competed and signed by UF Representative or Notary Public (see Remote Hire Notary Form for I-9 Certification form to be completed by Notary in addition to I-9); Examine one document from List A OR examine one document from List B and one from List C, as listed on the “Lists of Acceptable Documents” page. Note: all documents must be unexpired. Must be completed on or before the employees first day of employment.
Remote Hire Notary Form for Completion of I-9 - http://hr.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/forms/recruitment/remote_hire_notary.pdf
- To be used only if the I-9 form is being completed and mailed to the Department prior to the employee arriving in Gainesville.
W-4 (Foreign National Employees omit) - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4.pdf
- A copy of your signed Social Security card is required for this form. If you do not have or have lost your Social Security Card, go to the local Social Security Office and request a duplicate. Get a receipt (indicating your SS number). This receipt may be used to begin the appointment process. Provide me with a copy of the new card when it is received.
Retirement Certification Form - http://www.myfrs.com/imageserver/pdf/forms/cert.pdf
Reporting a Work-Related Injury - injuryreport.pdf
Complete the following form if you anticipate handling wildlife as a part of your job duties.
Risk Assessment for Animal Contact - http://webfiles.ehs.ufl.edu/ACForm.pdf
Foreign National Employees
In addition to forms listed above, complete the following form.
Foreign National Tax Information Form - http://www.fa.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/fa-uts-fninfo.pdf
- Required for non-US citizens
- Provide copies of the documentation noted on the top of the form.