UF Student Chapter of The Wildlife Society
- The next TWS meeting: Monday, November 18th, in NZH at 5:15pm room 112.
- Agenda from last week can be found here.
- Conclave meeting: Thursday, November 14th at 6:00pm, in NZH room 112.
- Conclave meetings will be held every other Thursday. For more information contact Hunter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tiffany (email@example.com).
- “Communication Skills for Conservation Professionals” workshop. Dr. Jacobson from the WEC department will be speaking.
- Beast Feast will be in February.
- We have started calling-parties for Beast Feast donations. Join us in the Newins-Ziegler student lounge to help get donations while earning club points. And don’t worry; we have scripts for handling calls. For more information contact Mitch Petoskey (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 4-H 5K: Little Run on the Prairie: November 16, 2013 – Payne’s Prairie State Park, 8:30 AM
- Seahorse Key Marine Laboratory Open House: November 23, 2013 – Seahorse Key, 12:00-6:00 PM
- Sell T-shirts and drinks
- Interact with the public around a touch-tank
- Design a Public Education program
- Look for information e-mail!
- Research Opportunity: Florida Fox Squirrel Conservation – Newins-Ziegler Hall
- Identify wildlife species from game camera surveys
- Enter habitat survey data
- Set game cameras
- Conduct vegetation surveys
- Learn more about fox squirrels in Florida!
- Contact Dan Greene for more information @ email@example.com
- We are also working on coming up with new trips for the members or events we could attend. If you have any suggestions, email Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas! Slots for the end of the semester trips are determined by participation points. To see the points you have received so far, click here.For the new TWS book exchange page, click here.
- For more, see our FACEBOOK GROUP.
- USGS Manatee Health Assessments: December 3rd-4th & January 29-30th in Crystal River, FL
- Help capture manatees so biologists can take health measurements for a monitoring project.
More information to come. If interested, sign up by emailing us at email@example.com.